Their credentials were received by the Sovereign Prince at the end of February 2019.
This is a common appointment in the Principality.
One of the tasks of Isabelle Rosabrunetto, Director General for External Relations and Cooperation, is to establish relations with other Countries. She also promotes their representation within the Principality.
She welcomed four new ambassadors at a lunch at the Hôtel Ermitage. Their Excellencies
- Muhemad Abdul Ghaffar, for the Kingdom of Bahrain,
- Kemal Muftic, for Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- José A. Fabrega Roux, for the Republic of Panama,
- Dario Item, for Antigua and Barbuda
Some of them represent their respective countries in other States:
- Mr. Kemal Muftic in India, Denmark and Iran
- Mr. Dario Item in Liechtenstein and Spain
141 nations have established diplomatic relations with Monaco. The most recent is Barbados.
On the external representation side, the last four appointments of ambassadors are in addition to the accreditation in October of plenipotentiaries for Kuwait, South Korea, Jamaica and Greece.